Advisor, IOSCO Asia-Pacific HubLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Type and Duration of Position: Secondment. One-year or two-year fixed-term.
Duties and Responsibilities
IOSCO is the leading international body of securities regulators and is recognised as the global standard setter for securities regulation. Established in 1983, IOSCO’s membership regulates more than 95% of the world's securities markets in more than 130 jurisdictions and includes all the major emerging markets jurisdictions. The IOSCO Asia Pacific Hub in Kuala Lumpur was established in March 2017, to deliver capacity building activities in the Asia Pacific region, under the overall direction and coordination of the IOSCO Secretary General.
Working together with the IOSCO Madrid headquarters, the Hub plays an important role in the delivery of IOSCO initiatives for building the regulatory capabilities of jurisdictions within the Asia Pacific region and beyond. This assists in strengthening IOSCO members’ effectiveness in providing regulatory and supervisory oversight. The Hub also facilitates the transference of knowledge, expertise and best practices across IOSCO member jurisdictions.
IOSCO is looking to recruit an Advisor for the IOSCO Asia-Pacific Hub on a Secondment basis, supported by the seconding organization. See the IOSCO Asia-Pacific Hub Secondment Policy for further details on this.
- Assisting in planning, development and delivery of the capacity building initiatives of the Hub;
- Collaborating with the IOSCO General Secretariat to identify and analyse members’ capacity building needs;
- Liaising with speakers and technical experts to achieve the Hub’s capacity building objectives;
- Engaging with IOSCO members, international organisations and other stakeholders to achieve the Hub’s capacity building objectives;
- Liaising with the host of the Hub, the Securities Commission Malaysia, on relevant operational and administrative issues; and
- Undertaking any other work or functions as may be assigned by the Head of Operations to achieve the Hub’s capacity building objectives.
Qualification and Skills
- University degree (preferably in Law, Economics or Finance);
- A minimum of 3 years of proven professional experience in securities regulation or the financial sector;
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Ability to work as part of a multi-national and multi-cultural team.
- A sound working knowledge of IOSCO, how it works, its strategic direction and familiarity with IOSCO´s structure and membership;
- Proven experience in capacity building efforts;
- Strong IT skills; and
- Experience in international negotiation or diplomatic work.
Members who would like to propose one or more of their staff members as candidate(s) for this position are asked to send the candidate(s) CV and motivation letter outlining their interest in the role and experience to [email protected].